Happy Summer everyone!! It’s July 1st, so you know what that means? A MONTHLY RECAP of all the wonderful books I read in June. And as usual, in the summer I read A LOT. During second semester (and the beginning of 2017), I completely lagged on my reading challenge because of all the junior year craziness: SAT’s, ACT’s, AP Testing, and SCHOOL :(((( . But now it’s time to celebrate, because I read A WHOPPING 13 BOOKS in June. THIRTEEN!!!
So here they are: the thirteen books I read in June, ordered from my favorite – least favorite (as best as I could!!).
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas…. y’all saw this one coming. I devoured this book in two days. All 700 Pages. And then I was in a reading slump for 5 days. It was amazing, and I’m going to be posting about the ACOTAR series soon:)
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. I am so happy that I jumped into the Raven Cycle series (and finished it) this month. I am so excited to start her next book All the Crooked Saints (I grabbed an ARC at ALA) which releases in October!
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. I adored Shatter Me, and I am so happy I took Nora’s recommendation to read this lovely book:)))
- We Are Okay by Nina LaCour. This is one of the most meaningful books I’ve read so far this year. Nina developed such a wonderful story that taught me soooo much (if you’re looking for a great LGBTQ+ book, try this one out!).
- The Things They Carried by Tim O’Brien. This book taught me so much about war and loss and hope. I read this in school, and it was one of the most informative books I have ever read. If you’re interested in war, war stories, or how soldiers cope with immense fear at war, READ THIS BOOK!
- Girl Against the Universe by Paula Stokes. Reread! Nora and I love this book so much, and we are always talking about how this book may be the MOST UNDERRATED book that ever existed. GO read this book if you’re looking for a lighthearted contemporary read that will make you sob (also Nora has a full review of GATU).
- The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater. What a GREAT end to a GREAT series. I am so sad that Blue, Gansey, Adam, Noah, and Ronan’s story has come to an end, but I’m so happy to have met them:) REVIEW OF THE SERIES TO COME!
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. How is Leigh Bardugo’s book #8 on this list? That is how great this month’s reading was! But to be completely honest, I really enjoyed this book, and I can’t wait to read more from this series! Not my favorite Bardugo book, but still wonderful.
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon. What an ADORABLE book! I definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for a lighthearted summer read! I PRAISE this book (and it was really awesome learning about Indian culture).
- Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessan. I loved reading this book. Definitely a must-read for the summertime!
- Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley. I really enjoyed reading this book! There were some things that I disliked about the plot, but I’m glad I had the time to read Words in Deep Blue:) AND who couldn’t love a book that takes place in a book shop!!
- The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater. I just can’t seem to find a spot to put book #2 and #3 of the Raven Cycle Series, so they are down here! LOVED this book though :)))
- Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater.
AND THERE YOU HAVE IT! All the books I read in June! I would LOVE to here what you read in June and LOVED! I need book recommendations for July!!!
Posts coming soon:
1)ALA Book-haul and overview
2) All things ACOTAR, ACOMAF, and ACOWAR!!! It’s time to talk Sarah J Maas :)))
3) Review of The Raven Cycle Series by Maggie Stiefvater!
For now, that’s goodbye!